South County Community Services is a Non-profit Section 501 © (3) United Way Agency. All donations are tax deductible.
We are the only Human Services Agency in Southern Kalamazoo County.
Our Nonprofit provides a diverse range of opportunities and services around our local community to help increase social wellness.
Our Main Services
United Way provides for almost half of our revenue each year.
"We couldn't do this without you United Way. Thank you.”
- Housing: Eviction diversion, emergency shelter and rapid re-housing
- Utilities: Shut-off prevention for gas, electric, fuel and water
- Healthcare: Benefits enrollment, prescription support, and basic vision services
- Holiday Assistance: Basics (food and household), celebrations, and gifts
- Travel and fuel vouchers
Individual and Family Support
- Food & Basics Pantry in partnership with Loaves & Fishes and area churches
- Clothing Shop at Lakeland Reformed Church
- Mobile health clinics and healthcare referrals
- School partnerships
- Employability support
- Family resource and referral services
Page 1 of 2
- Emergency assistance (food, housing, utilities, prescriptions and transportation)
Service programs for persons of all ages
Big changes at South County Community Services
We have moved to a different building that is more accessible and conducive to our mission. SCCS and the DHS satellite have also relocated to: 105 S Kalamazoo Street, Vicksburg, MI. The new location is a part of the Main Street Properties site at the southeast corner of Kalamazoo and Prairie streets. It is located next to Subway and parking is available on the East side of the building. You may get directions by selecting the Find Us/Location tabs then click the hyper-link, located under the map.
The new location will afford SCCS clients better access and easier parking. In addition, operational costs will be reduced significantly. The SCCS board believes the move will increase the agency's ability to serve more clients and create new programs.
Speaking for the SCCS Board, President Lorna Landrum states "We have a long history with this beautiful historic building, but we are excited about the benefits of a barrier free building that is so much more cost effective to manage. Plus the new location will only enhance our partnerships in the community as we move forward."
For those in our community who rely on the Village Community Center for their meetings and other programs, the Village of Vicksburg (owners of the building) have taken responsibility over the day-to-day operations for the foreseeable future. The building schedule is not expected to change and rooms will be available for rental by calling 269-649-1919. We will keep you posted to any other changes on Facebook and our website http://www.southcountycs.us/ .